DriveAbility Driving School Logo Fiesta
Like our Facebook page Google+
NHS Staff Discounts

You have to apply for a Provisional Licence from the Driver & Vehicle Licencing Authority (DVLA). This can be done online or by obtaining form D1 from a Post Office or the DVLA Forms Ordering Service.

Please note that there are many websites which offer to help you obtain a driving licence, some of which are deliberately designed to look like the official DVLA website - however they will all charge a fee. Avoid this by only using the official DVLA website that can be accessed via the website.

You can apply for a provisional driving licence when you're 15 years and 9 months old. However, you can start driving when you are:

  • 17 if you want to drive a car
  • 16 if you want to ride a moped or light quad bike

Your licence will say when you can start driving different vehicles.

The Driving Licence, both Provisional and Full, is a two-part document which consists of a plastic card and a paper counterpart. Both parts should be kept safe.

© Copyright DriveAbility 2014 • All Rights Reserved